Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A bit of jewelry history...

I read an article today from National Geographic News that said that the oldest known piece of jewelry was found in Morrocco and dates back 82,000 years ago.  The fun part of it was that the jewelry was made of Nassarius shells, which is the same kind of shells that I like to use in many of my jewelry pieces, 82,000 years later!  Reading this sparked an idea in my head that maybe one day, I'll try do a line that is inspired by jewelry pieces throughout history.  Fashion trends truly do repeat themselves, even thousands of years later! :)

The full article can be found here on the National Geographic News website.

Here's one of my necklaces made with the Nassarius shell.  It's actually one of my most popular items and can be purchased in my Etsy shop here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer Widget 1

Footer Widget 3

Footer Widget 2

Popular Posts