Friday, July 11, 2014

Melon Pink Gladiolas...

There's something about flowers that always cheer me up, so when I saw these on sale at Safeway, I had to pick up a bunch for myself.  They had the most beautiful Gladiolas in different colors and I was dazzled by these ones.  I don't really know exactly how to describe the color of these, so I refer to them as a Melon Pink.  Or maybe they're more like Bubblegum Coral?  Hehe, anyway, they were all tight buds when I first bought them, so I wasn't sure if they would actually bloom but within a few days, each flower blossomed!  I was so inspired by these flowers that I made a set of dangle earrings with reddish-yellow flowers and white cockle seashells.  The color isn't exactly like the flowers but they were the closest things that I had.

I've been bogged down with school and work lately which has caused me to be feeling an incredible amount of stress!  It's led me to re-think a lot of the things that I do everyday and I think I'm learning to prioritize what is most important and how to let go of little things that don't really matter.  Everyday, it's important to stop and admire the flowers!  (I couldn't stop and smell the roses because the flowers were Gladiolas and they don't have any smell)  :P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer Widget 1

Footer Widget 3

Footer Widget 2

Popular Posts