Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Trying to be eco-friendly!

One day while I was at the beach, I found a beautiful piece of coral in the sand.  I took it and, of course, I did what I love to do most...I made it into jewelry!  Since no two pieces of coral are exactly alike, this necklace is completely one of a kind and will be available for purchase in my Etsy shop.

Growing up in Hawaii, I've learned a lot about trying to save the beautiful coral reefs that surround our islands.  Since I'm featuring a piece of jewelry that is made of coral (it was a dead piece that was washed up on the sand-I didn't kill it!!!) I figured that now is a good time to share that global warming is threatening our reefs all around the world!  It's a little horrifying actually, to find out just how quickly a lot of the most beautiful underwater places are being destroyed.  If you want to learn more, you can click here to check out a good infographic that explains what happens when we lose our coral reefs.  I try to be eco-friendly by recycling as much as I can and not wasting water or electricity, so I hope that everyone else can try to make more environmentally friendly decisions everyday too!  Together, we can save Nemo's home (for all of you "Finding Nemo" fans).  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer Widget 1

Footer Widget 3

Footer Widget 2

Popular Posts