Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Finding balance...

I seriously thought that I would have more time to enjoy life this summer but it seems that I'm busier than ever!  I worked summer school, started my master's program, and did a few jewelry sales.  It doesn't really sound like much once I list it out like that but my master's program has been insane where I've been spending more than 5 hours a day doing assignments.  Add that to my list of daily chores like cooking, cleaning, etc. and I've basically got a full schedule.

One thing I realized is that once I have something that I need to do, I become completely focused on just that which can be a good thing but at the same time, I end up losing sight of everything else.  Seems that the biggest thing that I struggle with is valuing my relationships with my friends and family.  I live with my boyfriend, so it's easy to get caught in a trap of forgetting to spend quality time together.  The drive to my parents' house is only about half an hour but I visit them only about once or twice a month.  I keep putting off spending time with my friends and when I finally do get to see them, I can't get my mind off of my schoolwork and I always end up rushing to leave and go home.

GAH!  After a while, I started to feel a little insane and exhausted with my life, but luckily, against my will, my sister dragged me to the beach and I had the chance to learn the importance of taking a break and resting!  For a whole afternoon, I just enjoyed myself and had fun with her and her husband :D  Next day, I enjoyed a pool party with some friends and the day after that my boyfriend and I saw two movies back to back at the theater.

Everyday now, I'm going to try my best to live 100% in every moment.  So that means that if I'm going to do something fun with others, I'm going to focus on enjoying myself without obsessing about all the work that I need to do.  Then while I'm working, I'll be able to completely focus on that.  I'm really going try hard to be the best me possible!

Ala Moana beach is only a few minutes walk away from where I live, so it's the perfect place to take a breather when I need it :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer Widget 1

Footer Widget 3

Footer Widget 2

Popular Posts