Monday, July 14, 2014

Jewelry Garage Sale!

Hawaii has a lot of incredibly talented people who are great at making all kinds of different arts and crafts.  Unfortunately, there are not always a lot of affordable venues for artisans to be able to share their crafts with others.  Lately I've been racking my brain to come up with creative venues for me to be able to sell my handmade jewelry, so my mom suggested that I try selling on a Saturday morning while people are on the hunt for garage sales.  We put up signs around the neighborhood early in the morning and set up shop.  I wasn't really sure how it would turn out but amazingly, quite a few people showed up and bought a few things :)

I really believe in supporting local businesses and especially local artisans and crafters, so lately I've been thinking about how wonderful it would be if more small businesses had the opportunity to set up shop on a regular basis.  Wouldn't it be great if we could all shop local more than we shop at big box stores???  I keep having images of every garage on my street opening up every weekend to reveal all kinds of great treasures all available for purchase.

Anybody else have any creative thoughts or ideas for selling handcrafted items?


Our family dog, Chibi, was so thrilled to greet customers.  Actually, not really since she hates strangers :P







No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer Widget 1

Footer Widget 3

Footer Widget 2

Popular Posts